Helios Technologies Introduces Clim8zone™ II to Heat and Cool Spa Water; Master Spas Initial Customer Using Clim8zone™ II in its Michael Phelps Chilly GOAT Cold Tubs
SARASOTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Helios Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: HLIO) (“Helios” or the “Company”), a global leader in highly engineered motion control and electronic controls technology, announced its operating company Balboa Water Group has introduced the all new Clim8zone™ II technology. Master Spas has partnered with Balboa exclusively to utilize the Clim8zone™ II for its Michael Phelps Chilly GOAT Cold Tubs.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231024176926/en/
New Clim8zone™ II energy efficient heat pump to heat and cool spa water (Photo: Business Wire)
“Clim8zone™ II is about half the size of its first-generation counterpart and remains the most energy efficient and cost-effective way to heat or cool the water of your spa,” said Josef Matosevic, President and Chief Executive Officer of Helios. “We are proud to partner with and support Master Spas with their products including their new line of Michael Phelps Chilly GOAT Cold Tubs. This includes a unique contrast therapy tub that is using the new Clim8zone™ II technology. It features two bodies of water and two sets of temperature controls, giving users the flexibility to switch between cold water immersion and warm water relaxation.”
The Clim8zone™ II’s revolutionary design answers the health and wellness industry’s need to reduce the cost of running a spa. Its auto smart mode uses artificial intelligence and sensors to automatically adjust the compressor speed up or down while offering world-class quiet accelerated heating or cooling of the spa water. The result is a drastic reduction of the cost of maintaining the hot tub’s desired water temperature while using significantly less energy.
Additional features and benefits of the Clim8zone™ II:
- Unlike other spa heat pumps on the market, Clim8zone™ II functions at low ambient air temperatures (- 5°C/- 23ºF) in colder climates.
- Variable speed compressor with smart algorithm.
- Operates quietly at less than 45dBA.
- Operates effortlessly from the SpaTouch3™ panel or remotely from smart phones.
- Fully integrated with the BP Systems and uses the same spa heating pump as the spa’s traditional electric element heater.
- Features a typical energy efficiency (COP) of 5 times a traditional spa heater and may reach up to 10 times in certain operating conditions, using less energy to keep the water hot, providing significant smart savings.
- One heat pump efficiency mode setting: auto smart mode as default, which features high energy efficiency.
- Allows the spa user to set the spa BP Control System to utilize the Clim8zone™ Heat Pump alone, the spa’s traditional electric element heater alone, or both simultaneously when necessary.
- 19.6” (L) x 19.5” (W) x 19.1” (H).
About Master Spas
Master Spas is based in Fort Wayne, Indiana, 90 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Operating out of a state-of-the-art, 614,000-square-foot manufacturing facility on a 50-acre manufacturing campus, Master Spas is the largest swim spa manufacturer in the world, and largest portable hot tub manufacturer that makes 100% of our product in the USA. The company's executive team boasts more than 200 years of spa manufacturing success and one of the strongest track records in the industry. For more information, please visit: www.MasterSpas.com.
About Helios Technologies
Helios Technologies is a global leader in highly engineered motion control and electronic controls technology for diverse end markets, including construction, material handling, agriculture, energy, recreational vehicles, marine and health and wellness. Helios sells its products to customers in over 90 countries around the world. Its strategy for growth is to be the leading provider in niche markets, with premier products and solutions through innovative product development and acquisition. The Company has paid a cash dividend to its shareholders every quarter since becoming a public company in 1997. For more information please visit: www.heliostechnologies.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Director, Marketing – Electronics Segment
Investor and Media:
Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communication
Kei Advisors LLC
Source: Helios Technologies, Inc.
Released October 24, 2023